Corporate Social Responsibility
Sustainability is at the centre of the Coombs business model
The basic objectives of sustainability are to reduce consumption of non-renewable resources, minimize waste, and create healthy, productive environments.
Sustainable design principles include the ability to optimize site potential, minimize non-renewable energy consumption, use environmentally preferable products, protect and conserve water, enhance indoor environmental quality, and optimize operational and maintenance practices. These principles will reduce negative impacts on the environment and the health of the occupants.
By being sustainable, Coombs helps to protect the future against resource scarcity and environmental threats. It also helps us to attract and retain good people, people who can then create whole life value for our customers and partners, and for the users of the buildings we work in.
By ensuring sustainability stays at the heart of our business and philosophy, we can:
- Provide a range of skills and training opportunities, such as apprenticeships
- Build the ‘green’ skills base by employing local people wherever possible
- Engage with our customers and supply chain to set short and longer term training targets
- Reduce our own carbon emissions, and help our supply chain partners to do the same
- Play an active role in the retrofit industry to drive change for good